View Single Post
Old 2015-07-19, 18:10   Link #8
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

So I dropped this series about two-thirds of the way through. Although there were some funny moments here and there, overall, this series was (to me) exceedingly tedious to watch.

Animation Quality:
This show earns a 7/10 in animation quality. While it is different from the animation and art for its parent show, it's not objectively terrible.

Voice Actors:
If it weren't for Tomokazu Sugita, I would've dropped this show three episodes in. Really, the entire cast is really good, as expected, given that they brought together the original cast for this show. For that, it earns a 9/10

Script:
I wanted to love this show, I really did. The problem is that this show, apart from the tie to the main Haruhi Suzumiya show, is utterly unremarkable. So ... uh ... 5/10

Soundtrack:
Soundtrack is utterly unremarkable, and unforgettable. There are some cute callbacks to the original series, but meh. 5/10

Editing:
I've read much of the manga, and this show seems very true to the manga. 8/10

Enjoyment:
I just couldn't enjoy this show. I could enjoy moments of it. I could enjoy Kyon. I couldn't stand moe glasses chick, whatever her name is, and I couldn't really stand the overall blandness of this show. 3/10

Emotional Involvement:
Obviously, since I dropped the show most of the way through, I had no positive emotional involvement in it whatsoever. 2/10

When adding in half a point because of its tie-in to a series that is very near and dear to my heart, this show's final rating is a 6/10. And, here, I would venture that being tied to a universe as meaty and dense as the Haruhi-verse is this show's greatest weakness; as it is the answer to the following question: "What do you get when you remove everything that made Haruhi Suzumiya interesting?"