View Single Post
Old 2012-09-17, 21:38   Link #102
Metaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I think the general consensus is that it was a beautiful, poignant, and touchingly symbolic ending that subtly embodies all the character development we've seen over the course of this show.

I almost don't want to ask: and what did you see...?
Honestly, I think that's the general audience's opinion of Hyouka as a whole, really. It pretty much betrayed everyone's expectations around the 3rd episode, and ever since then I've seen people say left and right that the show is "boring" and whatnot. Hyouka isn't the kind of story you can show to just anyone. You need some kind of sensibility to understand it, something which not everyone has.

Quote:
I've rewatched maybe half of the episodes, and have been rewarded for it. There are a lot of little understated things that one doesn't appreciate until one sees the end of the series.
I've actually rewatched half the show already because a friend of mine wanted to watch it with me. At the time, I believe episode 11 was out, so yeah. After that it was all new to me.

But yeah, I'm definetely gonna rewatch it at some point. There aren't many shows like this these days, and I think it deserves to be seen more than once.