Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-13, 08:27   Link #26465
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Diving is more physical then shooting would be, though not as athletic perhaps as other sports. That said, Diving is more interesting to watch then Shooting, where the action is so precise that the spectator can't really see what's going on.
I'd say both are equally boring to watch. As a matter of fact, most Olympic sports are terrible as spectator sports, but then again that's not what the Olympic is about.

Quote:
I'm not too familiar with auto-racing, I have to confess. If the machines are so limited, I think that makes for a less interesting event. With auto racing, I'm more interested in the designers and technicians who make the machines, then the drivers who get the glory by driving it (but hey, I studied Engineering in College).
It's no more limiting than having weight classes in boxing. Again, you're really not giving enough credit to the drivers and the demands of racing here. The techs are important, but if driving is so easy, they'd be doing it themselves.

This sums it up pretty well, it's directed specifically at NASCAR, but many of the points applies to other type of racing as well.