View Single Post
Old 2013-01-14, 07:33   Link #69
kuromitsu

BUT OMG UR WRONG SATORU WOULD TOTALLY BEAT SAKI IN A BATTLE

Huge blasts of power, etc. is something they're all capable of, apparently on a relatively similar level, with only personal factors marking a difference (such as speed of reaction, level of visualization, etc). As Tomiko said, each person is essentially a potential WMD. What makes one more powerful than another is not as much the extent of their power but the level of control they have over it. Look at what they're learning in school: things that require fine and delicate control. (In ep 8 Saki keeps failing to repair a bottle, while Satoru is commended by Kaburagi Shisei on his mirror which he says is a difficult task.) And the level of control they're capable of influences how well they're able to use their power. (For example, at one point a character changes the direction of the wind, and Satoru is like "aw hell, I'll never be able to do something like this...")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
We are quick to put the Queerats in the villain role because Squealer is a manipulative little bastard and he is using our protagonists, but are they really in the wrong?
If you ask me, it's not necessarily his goal that is wrong but the methods he uses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I want them to win the rebellion & to wake up people from their dream life.
And what would happen then? I think mass destruction of both parties is not really worth it...