Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-29, 13:43   Link #232
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Being longer might have helped No. 6, but I don't think it would have saved it. No. 6 had inherent weaknesses that added length alone couldn't fix. The problems with No. 6's ending go beyond it simply being rushed (though that is a factor).

Besides, No. 6 was extra-compressed due to being an one cour noitaminA show. That cost it an episode or two compared to what most other one cour shows have.

I never bothered with Chaos;Head so I can't comment on that. I haven't finished Apollon so I can't comment on that yet (I will say that I'm fine with its pacing through the first half, though).
The problem with No.6 was the way the fantasy element came out of nowhere in the last couple episodes -- if they'd had time to set it up earlier, it could've worked. As for Sakamichi -- the show ended up doing two Christmas episodes within the space of four episodes.

Quote:
Steins;Gate I'll grant you, but I'm not sure about Chihayafuru. Chihayafuru even had to drag out the dreaded recap episode. And honestly, I lost interest in Chihayafuru and have yet to finish it. So for me, at least, Chihayafuru being two cours probably didn't help.
Chihayafuru worked for me, and what made it work was that it had time to breathe. Yeah, it did do a recap, but that was more because they only needed twenty four eps to reach a good stopping place in the manga. The material couldn't've been compressed into 12 or 13 eps without making it too fast.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote