View Single Post
Old 2006-07-09, 16:41   Link #61
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLegend
Meh. i bet someone out there, is thinking the same thing as me now.
Like me

To draw yet another Evangelion parallel: "What's wrong with running away from reality if it sucks?"
Boredom is a horrible thing. Humanity's advance has slowed and now it can't keep up with our attention spans; again, because of money.
However, instead of logging onto internet forums and bemoaning the deplorable condition of society (), Haruhi got up off her butt and did something about it. She set out to change the whole world. While she didn't quite pull that off (yet), she did manage to change the lives of everyone around her, which in its own way did change the world.
If there's only one thing that's to be learned from Haruhi, it's that doing what you want is the only way to escape all the hum-drum that is modern society. It teaches us that going outside and playing is fine for people of any age. Making rediculous movies with your friends is something that people will actually want to watch. Going on city-wide searches to find something that's right in front of you can be fun. And, most importantly, it lets us believe that if we wish hard enough and take the initiative, maybe something truly interesting will come our way.