View Single Post
Old 2008-11-16, 00:51   Link #76
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

This was one of the better eps in a while. Taiga showed a very big side of herself in the opening scene where she said nothing and walked away from Ami holding Ryuuji in a compromised position. She handled the situation impeccably, and, in all honesty, thinking back to how I was when I was that age, I'm not sure I'd have done the same. It's arguably the most mature act that we've seen from Taiga in this anime so far.

We've had a few posts in this thread pointing out how considerate and kind Ryuuji is, and how the way he goes above and beyond for Taiga shows a real value for their friendship, but I think this episode also shows another side of their relationship, and that's just how much trust and confidence Taiga must have in Ryuuji. She's willing to show some of her biggest insecurities to Ryuuji, which really says a lot about how much she values him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 07:
Again, I think it shows just how much she trusts him and appreciates what he does for her. But, yeah, I was also reminded of Hagu. And, you know, any reminder of Honey & Clover is certainly not a bad thing. I wouldn't quite say this show stands head and shoulders with it, but the way this show carries itself and invests in its characters, I certainly wouldn't say that an indirect comparison puts Toradora to shame.