View Single Post
Old 2009-12-13, 15:55   Link #1732
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Medaka is a God Mode Sue in a manga full of God Mode Sues. She clearly realized she wasn't the best around upon meeting the 13 party so she went to train more. Last time I checked, that qualifies as an action and not just a statement. Even now, she hasn't exactly had the easiest time with someone on her level. Not to mention there are people still sticking to their beliefs even after meeting Medaka. (Shiranui and Unzen)

Medaka even WANTS someone to oppose her as her vice-president because once again she does not always believe she is right and feels opposition can be a good thing. Asking Shiranui and Unzen to fill the vacancy is an action following a statement as well. This seriously is not that hard. -____-

Also last time I checked, being worried about loneliness and protecting your friends were human qualities. As well as a number of other things Medaka has shown and has been stated about her throughout the series.

Medaka is not the perfect or the most lovable character but people don't seem to care to give her any credit at all for the human aspects she shows...which I thought was what half of what people keep crying about. Her not showing human qualities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Can you read a whole post for Christs sake before you go pages of explaining and argue in the argument that was never there in the first case?

I am not comparing Medaka and Hatsukoi as manga, I am just using Hatsukoi as an example that 30 chapter is not necessarily a shounen 'infant' stage. Read a whole post, or is too much to ask for?
You brought up Hatsukoi as a reason for it being canceled and claiming it isn't an infant state. On the contrary, I'd say it is as most weekly shounen manga only start getting to their main plots around the 40-50 chapter mark. Some even later then that. The ones that survive anyway. Most things before that barrier are the episodic and introduction chapters. So yes, I'd say Hatsukoi was still in an infant stage and Kawashita had more planned for her series before the cancellation.

I brought up reasons why the atmosphere of Jump is different now compared to when Hatsukoi ran. Regardless of Medaka being in an infant state or not, it doesn't matter as the space in Jump and room to dodge cancellation is higher. That is my only reason for going as in-depth as I did which you probably missed.

I read your post and saw what you were getting at (Cancellation for early shounen) which was the reason for what I posted. (evidence for it being less likely for a number of reasons)
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote