View Single Post
Old 2009-06-26, 08:02   Link #133
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

In all seriousness (bearing in mind I'm not a teenager, but a child of the 80's, as on poster said) I could honestly care less that he died, but I do find it distasteful to bash someone.

If you didn't like the guy, just shrug and go "ok good riddance" to yourself, but let those who cared have their vent if it helps them feel better/cope with it.

Sometimes it's hard watching your childhood icons, people whose music, movies, books, etc shaped your personality to some degree, pass away. It's like losing a part of who you are, not to mention facing your own mortality. Some of us're getting up there in age, and while we may have a long way left in us, seeing someone we literally grew up with pass away can be pretty daunting.

I'm all for free speech, but like with the Croc Hunter, whether you admired the person or thought they were an absolute schmuck, someone somewhere is mourning.

Give them that....

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote