View Single Post
Old 2012-10-27, 15:47   Link #386
kitten320

a) Asuna is part of massive guild and Kirito travels around all the time. Game world is not that massive either. It's not like he is on level 90 and everyone else are stuck on level 10.
Since she is part of massive guild, she should be well known and must have had a lot of missions by now. Kirito is a loner but he always ends up near big happenings. Chances of them never stumbling onto each other are 0.

Besides by the way they interacted this episode doesn't look like they hadn't seen each other for whole year.

b) You got me wrong.
And please, few threads ago people were telling me that it's a game and that is why they progress fast yet now you are telling me that it is about physical abilities after all. Will you fans make up your mind?

No matter from which side you look at it she shouldn't be better than professional gamers at this stage. One year is a lot but skills wise it's not enough. I'm a sportist and I know how body and skills progress. There can be massive jumps but not from loser to hero in just one year.

Game wise it is still impossible. She might be learning fast but there are gamers who at the time that she was loser have become strong. Catching up to them is not that easy. Right now she should have been a lower ranked officer who gradually over runs gamers and becomes leader. Not a straight away jump.

And please do not mix up emotional and physical development, they progress differently.
Putting your way, they are different types of cake.

c) Then why not show it? Why not show what he thinks and does? Show him struggle or something because till now he was doing perfectly fine alone, there is no reason for him to team considering that he is one of the highest leveled players and barely anyone can touch him.

That makes sense. Anime should have done things same way as novel and have those side stories as OVAs. Because right now it simply looks ridiculous.
That way things would be fine. I would prefer tiny flashbacks instead of this jumping mess.