View Single Post
Old 2011-01-01, 14:17   Link #550
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

I watched. I became a fan. I watched again (Season 2). I ranted. I hate. I watched (The Movie). I became a fan again. And not just a fan. A loyal fan NOW.
Yes. This is my statement. That I will not falter as a fan of this franchise. This movie just changed my view to Suzumiya Haruhi series. I actually think this movie captures all of the aspect of the realism in the series, for me (Ironically).

Animation Quality: Impressive. No. Not that just impressive. It's an understatement actually. I haven't watched this kind of quality in animation in my whole life (Lies?~). Kyoto Animation. Kudos to them. I'm actually became a lost fan after they did the Endless Shit and [I]K-on[/I. ]No offense to K-on fans but I'm not really fond of it and I actually think Kyoani is better in making something like this than adapting 4-koma Moe characters. This is just an example of what they are capable of. And adapting serious story makes them the best. (remember Clannad After Story Episode 18~). Again, my opinion so don't flame me K-on fans. Rating: 10/10

Plot: I have read the Novel a long time ago (and forgot some details) and was spoiled of what happens. But. The plot itself made me watch it in the first place. Beautiful scenes. And beautiful storytelling. A perfect execution of storytelling. As a fan of it, I'm actually stunned and amazed how the story progresses even with knowing some of the details. The story is just that amazing. Rating: 10/10

Soundtrack: This what amazes me the most. This brings out more of the seriousness in the Suzumiya series. This what lacked in the Season 1 when they talked about serious things. This made the movie a story with a serious plot. The quiet parts made the scenes darker.
Spoiler for For caution:
And it was amazing. Rating: 10/10

Characters:
Kyon ▬ What can I say. The protagonist. The point-of-view of our story. He had a major rollercoaster ride in this one. And had a major confrontation of his own self. And finally, finally appreciating his normal life.
Haruhi ▬ The story showed more of her Tsundereness and how important she is (Well duh, just watch Kyon's reaction in that emotional reunion scene). I'm not very fond of her in the last two seasons because of obvious bitchy attitude but her alternative self connect me and her somehow.. Her boring life and why she is bitchy like that. I like her now.
Mikuru ▬ The moe character. The mascot. But her role here is important. As her older self. And there's more of her secrets revealed. The fact that she is attracted to Kyon and the fact that she misses all her memories with him and the gang. And the meaning of her TPDD revealed.
Koizumi ▬ This movie made me feel a little better about him. Not only that his alternative self is attracted to Haruhi, but his original one, too. (Ok homo fans time to pack your things up.).
Yuki Nagato ▬ Just amazing. Absolutely adorable in her alternative self. But I felt more connected in her original emotionless one. The manifestations of her true feelings are very much presented. Her overflowing HNNNNNNGG in this movie is over 9000. And it is an understatement. This showed a lot of interesting things about her. How she is treated, how she is really a Sad Girl In Snow. As I watch her in the whole Suzumiya story, I feel more and more of her emotions. I don't think there is no fan in the series that will not want to hug Yuki in that last scene. Kyon don't just hold her hand. Hug her. Damn it.
Rating: over 9000

Overall: I enjoyed it a lot. And not just enjoyed, overwhelmed. I didn't think that this series will provide me this kind of seriousness. Watching this made me have a different look in story. How serious that the world is in Haruhi's hand, how serious Kyon's decisions are, how serious Koizumi's job really is, how serious Mikuru's time skills are, and how serious Yuki's emotions really are.
Rating: 10/10
Best movie of the year. This movie might revive the fandom of the franchise.
"The Disappearance of the Endless Ranting of Suzumiya Haruhi"