Thread: Nintendo Wii U
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-01, 16:33   Link #351
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

My guess is that Wii U will get an installed base comparable to GameCube in a 4 year period, maybe 5 years. The GameCube only sold around 23 million units, IIRC.

I hope the Wii U sells that many units in it's life time. The thing is, I'm kind of worried about the system. If it gets GameCube level sales, that isn't so bad. Poor, but it could be worse. I'm just afraid of this system ending up being a failure. I've been a Nintendo fan since I was a kid, so I wanna see Nintendo succeed.

I'd like to get a Wii U. The 3rd party support will be poor. If a game is on Wii U and on at least one other console or PC, chances definitely are the other version/s will be better, especially with PS4 and XBox 3 around the corner. I'll be like most any Wii U owner, the main reason getting the system will be for Nintendo games on Wii U. I will also get any 3rd party exclusives for it that are good. Basically, it is like Wii all over again. : -\ At least the graphics are good this time around and in HD. I expect this system to have a library like Wii (Nintendo games and the occasional 3rd party gem), but without the great sales of the Wii. : -\

I've followed some things on the next XBox. From what I know about it, I think I'll pass. The PS4 sounds much better to me so far. I think I'll end up going with PC and PS4. That is all I need for gaming these days, but I just gotta make time for some Nintendo games on Wii U, so I really think I'll end up getting a Wii U. I just don't know when. Kind of recently I ended up with some cash (more than enough to buy a Wii U) and I've had no need for it for necessities and so far I'm just holding it for leisure spending and I was thinking of getting a Wii U with it, but now I might just hold on to it until the PS4 launch (if I can) and then get a PS4 with the money. This amount of money should buy a PS4 or at least pay for most of it.