View Single Post
Old 2012-01-04, 09:53   Link #170
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Zero, and Lunar Legend Tsukihime are adaptations from the same author, Type Moon. All of those titles are connected, especially Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero. Most of Type-Moon stories are focused on magic and mystery although there’s action and romance too.

I’d say, the most romantic of those three are Fate/Stay Night and Lunar Legend Tsukihime. Most Type-Moon avid fans consider those two to be very bad adaptations, but that’s only if you are a true fan of Type-Moon. As for the casual anime fans like me, I’d say that Fate/Stay Night is a good romance-fantasy-action anime and Tsukihime is a so-so romance-fantasy anime.

You can watch Fate/Zero when you done watching Fate/Stay Night, but this series focus more on the magic and action even though there’s little romance too. Fate/Zero is a prequel to Fate/Stay Night but you don’t have to watch it first. In fact, you’d better watch it after Fate/Stay Night.

Higurashi is a drama-horror-mystery-psychological thriller anime while Baccano is an adventure-comedy-fantasy anime. Both are great animes for their genre although I doubt it’s what you’re looking for.

Madoka Magica is famous because of its deep story and a little twist in the magical-girl genre. So, it’s really help if you have good enough experience with anime and know one or two things about magical-girl genre before you watch this series.

If you want a more casual romance-comedy-school life animes, you may want to check the titles I suggested to you a page ago.

As for Fullmetal Alchemist, it's one of the greatest animes out there. Still, it focuses more on the journey of the two alchemist brothers and their search for philosopher's stone which then became a story about revolution. Romance is still there even though it's not the center stage. There are two series of FMA: Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. The later is more true to the source manga while the former creates its own version of the story half-way through.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-01-04 at 10:14.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote