View Single Post
Old 2012-11-14, 20:55   Link #951
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm still going to call out the village with pitchforks, a woodden crucifix, and torches.

*BURN THIS HEATHEN ALIVE!*
You'll never take me!

*sharpens his sword*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I love Mor but I have to agree that she's more suited to a be a "Scottie Pippen" than a MJ. But still this was obviously needed for her character.
Yeah I mean I like her character, but since she isn't the most demonstrative character I feel it's a bit awkward when she's the main character. At least compared to Alibaba and Aladdin who seem to be quite the opposite, it felt like a weird change to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I disagree. Her internal conflict is interesting enough and coupled with her ass-kicking skills it makes for an extremely enjoyable episode imo.
Well for me it felt a bit like going through the motions. Probably the condensing of the manga (From what I hear) doesn't help here. Morgiana does kick ass and I have nothing against her internal conflict, but the events playing on screen were just not that interesting for me.

I mean if you compare Aladdin's arc to this episode, I felt like a lot more transpired there than here. We got a lot of world building, and more insight into Aladdin's situation. Here it was just an affirmation of the goal she already set out for herself, and some fights with generic fodder villains.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote