Thread: Apple IPad
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-09, 20:31   Link #194
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
This is a solution to the lack of a micro SD card slot for me. And CR works if you pay $7 a month; a low fee. I guess I'll end up getting an iPad. The third generation one since the iPad 4 isn't supposed to hit for another six to nine months from now (Q1 or Q2 of next year).
It's all a matter of your intended usage, and also working with the iPad's capabilities (and around its restrictions). I have a 16 GB iPad (3rd generation) and the space is sufficient for me, but I'm the type of person who tends to bring my computer everywhere anyway. I don't have music loaded onto it (music is on my iPhone), and while I have some select photos for showcasing, I haven't loaded my entire photo library. If I were going to travel somewhere I might load it up with some videos, but 16 GB is sufficient if I re-encode videos to have a smaller file size. You also don't leave videos on the device - watch it, remove it, and reload.

That's just a matter of working with the limitations.

If you're looking to leave your computer at home and/or won't have internet access, I could understand why greater internal storage would be desirable. If that's your type of scenario then I don't think that the iPad is a particularly good choice.

Otherwise, it's a pretty versatile little thing. If you ever get tired of the touch-screen keyboard you can pair up a Bluetooth keyboard and use that for text input. Mine was a gift and not an intended purchase, so I'm still trying to figure out the best ways to optimize it for my own usage. Since I have no qualms about lugging my computer everywhere the iPad tends to get overshadowed a bit. My tech-illiterate mother recently bought one for herself and it's pretty much completely replaced her computer, though.