View Single Post
Old 2011-12-19, 18:26   Link #1221
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonMoonMist View Post
The moment I settled on that viewpoint was when Beato jumped and the ingot was gone as well. When it first happened, I thought she probably wasn't there to begin with, but when she was revealed to have jumped, it seemed natural since she wasn't even dead at the time,
so the ingot just disappearing didn't make sense from the magic perspective we where shown either.

To further that thinking, if we where to take Battler and Beato's 'I've sinned/you haven't killed in our world (or however that went)' lines literally. I'd say that would point to something like the EP7 sibling fight happening with Yasu not actually killing anybody, but expressing guilt in regards to her plans of doing so.

Trying to take Umineko too literally is a dangerous thing though...
A world can mean a lot of things. It could just mean Rokkenjima is inside of a catbox and we will never know what happen and Battler chooses to interpret a reality where Beatrice is not a killer. I don't think Yasu ever killed anyone, anyway. I think a sedative was used to keep them under until the bomb went off or the epitaph was solved. I just cannot imagine this story making much sense if Yasu was a murderer. However, it may sound contradictory but I know Yasu would let the bomb go off. There are just too many possibilities to be sure, especially with the flimsy nature of the red truth. It could look strong but in reality but weak. So, without definite confirmation, I would like to think Yasu did not murder one person directly. With that rant done, I think you are right in at least someway with your interpretation of Beatrice's sin.

Last edited by Smeckledorf; 2011-12-19 at 20:45.
Smeckledorf is offline   Reply With Quote