View Single Post
Old 2012-08-30, 02:01   Link #4838
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Doubt we'll get an explanation other then, "Oh crap! I forgot I was married!"

Am I the only one who feels insulted at Heero's depiction here? Again, it feels so fanficy... "Is that my mission?" Really? Heero MUST have a mission to fulfill in order to live? He can never amount to anything else other then someone who needs to follow some orders given to him? What happened to the kid that was presented in Blind Target who, by all appearances was moving forward in his life? From the little that we were shown you get the impression that he's happy just blending into the world and being "normal" (whatever "normal" means to him). He even decided to hang up his gundam and go back to that normal life by the end of BT. In EW, he only acts when trouble is afoot, he doesn't wait around for someone to tell him there's some evil plan being hatched. He decides that he doesn't want to be used as a weapon anymore, and swears that he will never kill again. And yet again, he goes back to blending into the mundane, normal world. It took him half a series and an OVA, but he's finally listening to his heart. And now this...
If anything this is him listening to his heart.

The way he communicates with Relena and how complicated their relationship has been probably makes it easier to for him to handle such a difficult situation.

Also, which is Blind Target? Is that the one where they kiss at the end? If so there has really been no place or hint that Sumizawa is factoring that particular story into this.

Overall, I think you are taking the Heero thing way to personally. He may have tried to move on but Heero even by the way Bandai and other media paints Heero even after the event of EW always as a pretty damaged individual who neither acts normal or likely lives a normal life.

Last edited by FalsePrime; 2012-08-30 at 12:14.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote