View Single Post
Old 2012-02-09, 13:19   Link #38
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMythycle View Post
Thanks! All of these look like great animes to watch, and I can tell you that the paper on which I'm writing all of these recommendations is getting very chaotic and full, which is great imho.

I was just wondering what you thought about baccano, my cousin told me it's great but I'm not too sure.
Also I'd like to know your opinion on animes about sports, although its probably best for me to just see for myself.
Haha I know the feeling, I myself have around 200 animes planned to watch and can't find my way around it
Though I keep everything on myanimelist

Talking about Baccano, I didn't like episode 1. It was a real bore for me but the show really picked up from episode 2.
It can look very random and confusing because a lot of things that are shown sometimes make no sens. Miria and Isac sometimes seems to be there for no reason but that's not the case. Even this silly duo plays a huge part in over all story and are important. Series were written in a way that you see small bits of story from different points of view. From the view of person A, everything looks messy but from person B view things become cleared when from person C view everything is clear as a day especially when you as viewer put all the pieces together.
Whatever questions you might have at first, will be answered later and almost every scene no matter how random it seems will have its purpose later.
Besides series have nice cast of characters and action.

About sport anime, I myself am a sportist and from a young age so I like shows about sport over all. It is easy for me to relate to the characters since most of them aim for high heights just like me.
Of course there are some weaker shows than others but over all, for me, I think they are worth a try especially if sport is something that interests you.