View Single Post
Old 2012-07-05, 12:02   Link #75
Hiking_Bear

Based purely on the image from the last page, I would interpret the third power to be Sasuke, with Madara and Tobi being the other two powers that the ninja alliance has to deal with.

Orochimaru's return was sort of foreshadowed with the kidnapping of Anko. And it's not unexpected, since Kishi has brought back pretty much every villain in this war arc (including the sound four). Orochimaru was sealed by the sword, so I guess Sasuke possesses that weapon now. If he is released, he will need a host body - perhaps Anko's since she is compatible with the cursed seal?

As for the scroll, I think the hints connect it to the Six Paths Sage (i.e. the one who knows all). Although, there are other possibilities.

For example, I expect that Orochimaru would have researched how to break the Dead Demon Seal, since he wanted to reclaim the use of his arms. Maybe the scroll contains a way for that to happen. Another issue that the manga needs to address is the fact that half of the 9-tails chakra is still sealed inside the Dead Demon, as well as the souls of the four hokages who are locked in eternal battle. In order for there to be closure, I think Kishi must free the souls of the hokages as well as the rest of the 9-tails. Plus, who doesn't want to see a repeat showdown between Hashirama and Madara?