View Single Post
Old 2009-09-02, 03:39   Link #271
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazardNights View Post
I was rewatching episode 16 and 17, the fight between Renji and Ichigo and I couldn't help but notice how very much like Hollow Ichigo Ichigo was acting during that fight. Most say that the hollow side didn't start appearing until after Urahara help Ichigo regain his powers but could this be the first time it actually appears.

Found this clip of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULL5L...rom=PL&index=4

Look at how he moves and his facial expressions (smiles, eyes, etc). Very Hollow Ichigo. I keep thinking (and this could be because I haven't seen the episodes where Ichigo regains his powers in a long time) that what Urahara does to Ichigo to help him regain his powers doesn't create the Hollow side of him but actually simply unleashes it as it has always been there. The first time being the fight with Renji in the world of the living.
just watched those episodes again and i have to agree. after he initially got owned (like usual..), hichigo's personality and style definitely shown through (along with the usual power boost).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I fully agree with you up to this point. I think there's a very strong possibility that this could happen. Should Ichigo defeat Aizen and higher powers realize his terrifying growth and potential, I could definitely see SS regarding Ichigo as a major threat -- regardless of his pure intentions and regardless of whether he has full control over his hollow powers or not by that time.

Unfortunately, if that happens, I imagine it'll only make the parallels between this and Yu-Yu Hakusho even stronger (which is bound to increase the number of critics).
it seems they are already setting up for that:
Spoiler for manga: