View Single Post
Old 2010-11-12, 22:04   Link #85
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Only thing that irks me abit is how close to if not a GaryStu Hyobu is. I guess when you have a manga full of people with powers you need someone to stand out, but he does whatever he wants and pretty much walks all over everyone like he's god. Just once I'd like to see him fall flat on his face where one of his schemes fail. Maybe in the next 80 plus chapters left to catch up it might happen...
I don't know.

It's true that he's bloody all-powerful and all that, but from an emotional standpoint, he always seemed to get out-trolled by Minamoto in the end of it.

The fly arc was one example. It had Hyoubu temporarily playing the Minamoto role, but lol and behold, Fly Minamoto hijacked his 5 seconds of fame. From the standpoint of someone who keeps trying to prove that Minamoto's ideals aren't feasible, he rarely ever wins the battle of the hearts, even if he wins the superficial battle of powers and wits.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote