View Single Post
Old 2007-02-01, 06:15   Link #21
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I think Hans could have used even more background. Sure, what we got was fair, and there was enough to tell the story, but more would have added more weight to his character as a sympathetic antagonist. Those are the sorts of characters I really like in action anime since the whole grey-ness of their situation makes for great drama... even if it can be formulaic.

Other than that, good episode. This show has reached a new peak in the last two eps, which is good, since it's been rather bland up until then. Worst thing about this ep: the next ep preview. Hints at more filler. We've been through filler hell and back with this show (I don't watch long running shounen series, so I don't know what true filler hell is like, but Pumpkin-Scissors-water-down-filler-hell was still pretty tiresome), we don't need to revisit it. Not when the plot's about to take off.

It could very well be a good show in the end (still too early to tell, IMO), but I think when this show is over, the thing people are going to talk about most when reminiscing about it are the fillers and how they strangled it, particularly in the first half. Which is a bit unfortunate.