View Single Post
Old 2012-02-28, 11:08   Link #27954
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
^However, Pieces can only be moved in patterns that follows their personality, right? To put it in another way, they couldn't make Natsuhi's piece rape Battler, or to quote someone else demonstrating this, make Nanjo build a nuclear reactor.
So it clearly shows that Kyrie and Rudolf are willing to kill everyone on the island. Or am I mistaken?
There's several possibilities from that, however. One is that Bern is generalizing from an extreme case; that is, it is within Kyrie and Rudolf's personality to kill everyone in some particular case, and she is generalizing and oversimplifying that to make them look really bad. Another is that the catbox makes it impossible to know for certain whether killing is against any character's nature, so it's possible to depict them as such. Still another is that the entire "pieces acting against their nature" thing is a gentleman's agreement on the part of sincere Game Masters, something people like Battler or Beatrice respect but which Bern would not. Finally, there's the Elijah Bailey exception, which is that pieces can't act against their nature as known to the author; Bern doesn't know Kyrie and Rudolf, so Bern doesn't know they wouldn't do that.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote