View Single Post
Old 2008-11-07, 12:23   Link #77
Slayerx

Reads chapter...
Well i was wrong about Nyon and the newspaper (though now we know its been 2 days since Luffy was sent flying)... however...
thinks back to chapter 517 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
New random thoery about Boa's back...
the mark is the same one on Hachi's forehead...
We never got an explaination of what the mark was there for, but while up in the mangrove, Hachi took efforts to hide the mark under some bandages.
Luffy has seen it on Hachi before, and as such might be able to recognize it... Luffy would not know what it means, but Boa would know and as such know it's something that must remain hidden from the wrong kind of people; it may even be something her Kuja crew have heard about and would recognize.
Heh, if only i threw done that i thought it was possibly slavery, i would have called it 4 chapters ago
incidently, the counter to that theory that hachi's mark was the mark of the sunny pirates was also correct

now i wonder if my theory from the same thread will come to pass
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Of course, this now makes Arlong's hatred towards humans fully understandable, though I still wouldn't say that it justifies him terrorizing innocent people like he did in East Blue....
no it doesn't... Arlong's hate for humans stemmed from a superiority complex that fishmen were just plain better than humans; didn't seem there was anything about him being bitter over how humans had treated him or other fishmen despite the past he had with his crew...
Quote:
Still, it's kinda wierd when you also consider that Macro's crew, who also had the same mark, was cooperating with Duval in capturing slaves. I mean, I'd find that to be pretty low.....
not so much... i mean the chapter ppoints out that not all of the sunny pirates were once slaves and that the symbols were used to hide who was once slaves and who never were... if they joined the crew later on without their own history of slavery then it would make them much less sensitive to the subject.

Quote:
Precisely. I mean, it doesn't really make sense for a person who already has her own crew to begin with to be a permanent member of Luffy's crew (sure, Usopp had a "crew", but it was only a pretend one). Plus, it would just be plain awkward for the final crewmember to be someone who's probably stronger than Luffy...
Well i can't help but say that, the fact that Boa does have a very tragic past actually DOES make the likelyhood of her joining the crew higher than margaret

though i'm not saying anymore since the flashback was shown in 5 seconds and she doesn't display any of the other signs of a potential strawhat

Though i will say that Boa may end up training Luffy in the ways of Haki on their way to the archipelago

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, the chief reason people (like myself) had the idea that Hancock is Luffy's mother is pretty much because of one person: Kuma. See, at the end of Thriller Bark, he reveals that he knew about Luffy being Dragon's son, and that's not exactly common knowledge (remember how Garp's marines all freaked out when they found out about Dragon's identity?). Then at Sabaody, we see him have his little chat with Rayleigh, where he said he was "putting himself at risk" by making the Straw-Hats disappear. This is when people started to believe that Kuma was somehow connected to Dragon.

So basically, fans speculated that there was some particular reason why Kuma sent Luffy to Amazon Lily. Why would he send Luffy to a remote island in the Calm Belt where men are forbidden from entering? Sure, it's interesting to see that the inhabitants are knowledgable about Haki, but could there have been a deeper reason? Maybe he was told of an important person who lived on the island from Dragon? And that's pretty much how people came to the conclusion that Luffy would meet his mother at the island, and well.... Hancock seemed to be the most likely candidate. And lo and behold, a grand (and potentially controversial) theory was born!

....A theory that has yet to be debunked, I might add.
huh?
i thought the theory stemmed from the idea that the mark on Boa's back was the same as Dragon's, Luffy's father and that Luffy recognized the mark from his more infantile years when he would not have a good enough memory to know his mother's own face... which is something that has been debunked

Not to mention that Boa has no reaction to the name Monkey D. or Luffy

And why would Kuma send Luffy to a man hating island...
well when you take into account that it is also the island that specializes in the use of Haki and the Luffy has a legendary and rare form of Haki... yeah... you got all the reason you need right there

Last edited by Slayerx; 2008-11-07 at 12:42.