View Single Post
Old 2009-01-17, 08:39   Link #83
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Cultural differences has no part in what I'm addressing here.

You don't go from barely being able to holding each others hands and being fidgety when she's taking a bath and you're sitting cross legged in the living to HAVING A DAMN BABY. There's too much ground missing between those two intervals for me to just happily accept it (or in your case, just get used to it, which of course doesn't really pardon it either).

I know the Japanese can be shy and they take their times with such matters and all that jazz, but I'm not talking about that. My ranting is focused primarily on pacing issues and there being too much to imply on and not enough content to actually enjoy / relish in. We're really freaking missing out.
Well, you did bold the 'not sleeping in the same bed', so I'm just trying to tell you that what they had in this episode isn't much of a difference from sleeping in the same bed in their culture. They just need to sleep in the same room, without any barrier, to show the Japanese audience(not us) an example of the married couple behaviour that you've been saying that is missing.

Besides, with this young couple scrimping and saving, that little difference is nothing compared to their need for financial freedom. And that of course determines their pick between buying a two-person futon, and a one-man one.

As for the pacing, I agree with Sheba. The perspective one holds before watching a show is kind of critical to how he will enjoy it(or not). In this case I guess we could say that 'Romantic development is in the eye of the beholder'.