View Single Post
Old 2010-01-06, 19:01   Link #824
FreezeTheSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Do we know how much budget this show gets?
We don't exactly know how much budget this show gets, but with two studios with great budgets(and they know how to spend it the right way), and a director who has not dissapointed in the past, you would think it would be great, but instead it's below mediocre animes out there.

Now, I'm not 100% on this, but I have a theory. Hiro Mashima had a lot of offers from many different studios, but declined them all, because he didn't want FT to become like RAVE. We don't know what he meant by that. It could have been lack of animation quality, could have been that he didn't like how DEEN treated RAVE, or have it ending half way through the series. Now, I've been working on animation here lately (working on Natsu vs Gerard actually), and I've also been studying it, so I've frame advanced some of the scenes, and I have to say, I think they are doing it on purpose, because they are going for the younger viewers. Why, I don't know, but they can get away with cheap stills and such, while at the same time making money, because young children don't mind as much. That's why it's censored down the way it is. I'm not sure why they went with the young audience for, because the majority of the audience is at least 13+, Unless Mashima wanted it that way, which I woundn't understand why.
FreezeTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote