View Single Post
Old 2012-01-20, 08:46   Link #1185
Nixl

I did not realize TOR had so many launch servers. It kind of seems like far too many by the looks of the population.

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

It appears that there are way too many light population servers. You certainly do not need to be on a heavy or standard population server to have fun, but it certainly helps when you are pursuing endgame content such as raids and and dungeons.

We have 124 US servers and about 90 EU Servers. Around a total of 214 servers. Only 1 server, (Swiftsure US) seems to have reached a heavy population. Only 11 of the 214 have reached a true standard population level (some are close, but still below). That means there are 202 servers that have a light population. The free month is just about up and so I think think Bioware already stated that there will be transfers, but hopefully it will be free the first time so some player migration can create more standard population servers.

edit: To clarify, what "light" means in terms of numbers is vague. It could be more than enough people and it could also very well be barren landscapes with 10 people on an entire planet. I'll admit, remembering my WoW days I was inclined to to moderate to heavy servers for the raid opportunities due to a larger max level player pool. Then again, in TOR you can get by with 8 people to raid, but still I feel like standard servers should be standard.

Last edited by Nixl; 2012-01-20 at 09:00.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote