Thread: StarCraft 2
View Single Post
Old 2007-06-12, 07:50   Link #297
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
Well, in general I don't micromanage in the game at all. I haven't played an RTS in many, many years.. the last serious one was probably Warcraft II. But I'm familiar with overall mechanics and strategizing I suppose.

I basically strike the left side first, but even with an army of 40 (composed mainly of Marines and Goliaths) they get wiped out. Probably because I don't micromanage.. so I go back and rebuild.. and build up, get wiped out, rebuild.. and my crystals just run out : p I might have to play it in abit more detail to make more efficient use of my forces.. it's just that I got through the entire Terran campaign (until now) without using micro so this one was challenging.
For this battle, you wil NEED either tanks or a large airforce (battlecruisers)... The tanks would be easier on resources.

Frankly, charging against another terran ground force without suficent tanks of your own is... suicidal. You need to do the classic tank-push; have tanks in seige mode, and other tanks moving from the back lines to the front and repeat. Use your tanks to blow away everything while using your other ground units to distract the enemy's own siege-tank fire. The Zerg and the Protoss can charge against terran tanks, but Terrans can't really do that very well themselves.

How did you manage to get this far without using tanks as Terran anyway

(EDIT: I intend to replay that map sometime... I want to see what happens if I aim for using nukes of my own instead.)