View Single Post
Old 2009-09-27, 22:35   Link #232
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Interesting idea, but I do not think there has been any real evidence to support it, and a little too Saiyajin for my taste (your theory, more or less, is that Blackbeard becomes stronger with the more damage he takes, similar to a Saiyajin's ability to evolve after a battle).

A fast and easy way to gain evidence for such a theory is for Blackbeard to fight an opponent a second time, and since he is currently in Impel Down, if Blackbeard now has an immunity (or some sort of resistance) to Magellan's poison, then that could show that Blackbeard abosrbs attacks.
I think he was referring to that absorption ability, like when Blackbeard grabbed Ace and sucked up his energy so he and cancelled out his logia ability.

I'm not too sure about his theory, however I do think he's on to something. When I saw Blackbeard's ability to absorb logia users powers it didn't seem that impressive considering many people who can use haki can do the same thing. Other than the fact it saves you time and effort learning Haki I don't really see the advantage of being able to absorb the fruits energy. But if there is some kind of additional advantage to that technique such as the one's he mentioned I certainly see the use in using it.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps