View Single Post
Old 2010-02-08, 17:26   Link #1060
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Oh for the love of god, just because one person bought 30 tickets doesn't mean everyone is doing it.

I guess this is what happens when you read pure, compressed shit like Sankakucomplex. Its idiocy starts affecting your mind.

Dedication of Haruhi otaku my ass.
Heh.....here we go with you again...... Remember what I mentioned the other day about actually reading people's posts instead of just making up your own version of events with a strawman style argument? Why not try it?

I don't know what all of this is about me exclusively reading Sankaku Complex, but I was referring to the otaku collector concept of buying at least 3 of everything, or as one Japanese blogger calls it "Otakugai". Usually one is for you, one is to lend and one to keep in mint condition, but different people have different reasons for buying several of the same product and the link I posted has an entirely different set of reasons from a friend of the blogger.

Now let's say for example you've got an admission ticket for a movie that is going to be a huge otaku event. Obviously you are going to want to see it which is one ticket to be exchanged. You may also want to take a friend along which is another ticket exchanged. Finally for such an event you may also want to have your own ticket to keep as a collectors item and/or to remind you of the movie you got to see.