View Single Post
Old 2011-04-16, 00:46   Link #190
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

To be honest guys, I don't see this show getting more depressing later on. I mean, someone already died. Pretty hard to top that.

Which isn't to say it can't be a tearjerker. It can still make you cry, but it's most certainly not because the story will take a sad turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Call me when noitaminA starts making shows about adults again. I don't know why the Japanese seem so taken with reliving nostalgic visions of childhood and adolescence. It makes me think they're not very happy with their current adult lives.
While it might be too early to tell, but the feeling I get from the first episode was actually all about moving on from childhood/adolescence (not reliving it); that dwelling in the past (especially traumatic experiences) is childish and that moving forward is the adult thing to do. Or at least, that's the direction I think the series is going towards to. I mean, what other direction can Jinta go when his current self is still all emo about the past, about not being able to say sorry to Menma before she died?

So yeah, if anything, AnoHana is actually trying to convey the exact opposite of what you think it is trying to tell us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I actually thought noitaminA had stuffed up not getting Iroha into their time slot thinking it was a perfect show for it. It looks like noitaminA had it covered with AnoHana though.. and hopefully next season's Bunny Drops keeps it up.
I can't see how they can screw up Usagi Drops to be honest. As someone who mainly reads manga/watch anime for shipping reasons, Usagi Drops having ZERO of anything for me to ship (or at least not until the time skip ), and me having read every scanslation of it... that's saying something. The source is THAT good IMO. It would take numerous and huge blunders to really mess Usagi Drops.

But hey, can't say I was always right so...

Kinda weird though, as I thought both Hanasaku Iroha and this show are too 'jdrama-like' to be ever a hit to otaku, like TT before it. So yeah, perplexed at how it got to the top 100 of preorders, let alone #2.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote