View Single Post
Old 2011-04-16, 00:55   Link #192
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Having Memma and the dad talk at the same time without him noticing her and then having Jinta say something like "my dad didn't notice her so that must mean..." doesn't make it look like they're trying to hide it at all.
I was not clear, the twist is certainly in the script, what I am questioning is the execution... storyboard onwards. From the few promos I remember, I was expecting a huge surprise, which was revealed casually within a couple of minutes into the show... Now this can be intentional from the script (therefore promotion junk), or unintentional from incompetent personnel, or both, or none

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
But none of the main staff has much of a history with A1,so that wouldn't seem fair to me.
True, but A-1 still provides the bulk of the personnel that draw, storyboard, etc. You know 90% of what you see... take the best director and give him crappy personnel and you'll have a fail, but not vice versa.

Anyway, I am nitpicking here, since there is just one episode to draw conclusion from, and I am quite happy to see attention drawn by audiences that loathe shows with certain elements (psgels blog is an excellent example) slowly understanding that sex and plot can perfectly coexist in quality anime.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote