Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2007-12-13, 01:11   Link #312
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I largely agree with what everyone else said. It sounded like that one moved a bit quickly, and like you had plans before really knowing her better. There's nothing wrong with that - plenty of guys do it - but I don't think that any of us here can give you advice on how to go about it that way. I always associated that sort of behavior with the frat boy stereotype and that "type" - those who care more for the aesthetics and physical aspect of a relationship than the emotional side. Based off of what you've said, I don't think you're like that.

As ascaloth said, don't take it too hard. Part of the whole relationship thing is not letting it get you down. You never know when something's going to come your way. Everyone is different. If she (or any other girl) doesn't happen to be into you, that's fine - it's their opinion. It may sting a little, but maintain confidence in yourself. Based off of your writings I think you're a good guy, and I think you look fine. Look, I'm a straight male, so I can't expand on that, but I was a bit fearful that clicking on your picture would reveal the stereotypical otaku (overweight, huge glasses, tons of acne - no offense to anyone who matches those descriptions). You look "normal" to me. I'd imagine that plenty of girls have found you attractive. Don't worry over those details until you're dating someone and she mentions what she may or may not like.

I think you giving her facebook information was perfectly fine, once I heard it in context. Don't worry too much. I don't know whether I'd write her off as being uninterested - she may have issues that caused her to do that, we don't know. Either way, don't give up, and don't press the advantage too hard. As Ascaloth said, let it unfold naturally, although I'll break with him here and say that you can do things to shape the outcome somewhat. What sorts of things really depends on her preferences, but showing that you're an extremely kind and thoughtful guy would do it for many girls, I think. But who knows - every girl has their own unique handsome prince image, and we can't know it ahead of time. If you can't match the image... tough luck, try again

By the way, nice drawing.