View Single Post
Old 2010-01-15, 00:23   Link #32
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Isn't pretending to be a peer and just asking the tracker of the torrent(s) much more reliable method for that purpose. You then have the forum - of which you have to be a part of to use it anyway, also the server keeps logs. Well, anyway I'll pretend to see it exactly as you do for a sec, solutions are: do it client side with cookies, you can save the data to sites like http://myanimelist.net/ but it would only pass-though never actually be saved by the site. Reseting might be a problem (its cookies afterall) so you can just do load-back too (something like a button next to the series).

There's also the slightly more complicated approach. Build a animelist system for the use on the forum. I'm speaking of a independent self sustaining system. The system on the site would simply extends to the forum system for its data (though the forum's system's API). Make this forum system integrate in the forum (as in you can add manage your series there, independent of the main site of course) and also capable of import/export functions to other sites (I already gave you a good one above). The relation torrent/list is now dead.

The 3rd option is to handle it completely externally (as in though a 3rd party independent system). Not necesarly full functionality I was talking about; just simple/convenient add/update.

Would any of that work for you?

[edit] Forgot to mention Red, the current Watchlist feature (already implemented), does the same thing does it not?

Last edited by felix; 2010-01-15 at 00:37.
felix is offline   Reply With Quote