View Single Post
Old 2011-03-15, 20:16   Link #151
naikou
Slashy Slashy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo
Your explanation naikou isn't a fact, and I know people who would strongly deny it.
Which explanation is that? You don't agree that Beatrice is telling the story? Or you don't agree that Beatrice would use an unreliable narrator?

The only reason Battler doesn't catch on to Beato's lies is because he's incompetent. Just imagine as if Beatrice were telling the story, rather than showing Battler via magic powers.

Beatrice: "So everything is completely normal. Then suddenly, Kanon shoots a lightsaber out of his arm and starts killing demon goats! *shwoom* *shwoom*"

Battler: "What the hell!? What the fuck, that makes no sense."

Beato: "No dude, I swear. A fucking lightsaber."

Battler: "What the fuck. Virgilia! What the fuck is this?"

Virgilia: "I dunno dude, she's probably trying to trick you. By the way, that's a nice coat you've got there. Mind taking it off for a sec?"

Battler: "Sure, whatev."

Beato: "Anyway. The next day everything is completely normal again. Rosa can't get into the chapel because it's locked. But then she opens it with a key from Maria's envelope and everyone is dead inside, but the murderer isn't there."

Battler: "Yeah you probably wouldn't lie to me. Now let's see how this locked room stuff works..."

Beato: "IT'S MAGIC, YO"

*much later*

Beato: "You were all talking to Kinzo, man. Then you started crying. Then I made you get naked and wear a leash. Then you got eaten by demons. The End!"

Battler: "That didn't happen."

Beato: "You were so shitfaced dude, no wonder you don't remember. Ask Genji, he saw the whole thing."
naikou is offline   Reply With Quote