Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-21, 13:08   Link #14941
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Well yeah, I wasn't here at animesuki back then.
I am aware, but you are here for quite a while... technically a lot of chances to get your oppinion of the CIA communicated.

Quote:
If I had been then I would have posted this picture of CIA operative Zbigniew Brzezinski and Tony Osmo (Osama Bin Laden) in Afghanistan sometime in the late 1980s.
This picture originally came out of the 1990 end-of-year issue of Soldier of Fortune magazine.

But remember, the official line out of the Bush admn is that the CIA did not create Al Qaeda or train Osama Bin Ladin.
Actually they did not need to form Al Qaida. Lets assume they just recruited them. However, they gave them the chance to buy on the international weapon market (to gain access to military grade weapons is not as easy as you might think it is). Without the CIA's help they could not have been uparmed in such a short time (if we consider and Al Qaida + Taliban + tribal leaders/warlords together).

Quote:
That's a conspiracy theory and you shouldn't pay any attention to all the photos from the 80s of CIA men training Osama.
It's like the Enquirer, it was matted in...or something.
You know Jinto, it really amazes me how stupid the US government thinks we all are...but I digress.
Nah, they are not that stupid either. Thats exactly what they want, that you feel superior to their schemes and have a feeling of knowing everything there is to know about it.

Quote:
My motives are only selfish in that I feel helpless to do anything about it, and thus like all other Americans (or most other) I sit on my arse and bitch about it instead of actually doing something about it.
The ATF is only one of the worst agencies of the US government, but not the only one.
Empire certainly has its price, and I for one don't think it was worth it.
Well, with regards to not actively doing something and complaining a lot... I think I am in the same boat.