View Single Post
Old 2006-08-12, 01:28   Link #59
cloudedge

I watch the full series of FMA in like... 2-3 days >.>; I believe... it had a good story... and as I discuss FMA with one of my friend, I recall we said that FMA was actually a very dark story... with lots of implicit display of human suffereing... Despite the light-heart humor, it gloss over some very grim yet real themes... like the core theme of "Law of Conservation"... to gain something you must lose something...

Personally, I feel that War is one of these grim dark topic... and I'm excited that about a director who had previously dealt with some heavy theme take on the next Gundam project. (rather than glossing war out as just another backdrop for protecting your "friends" kind of story).

However, I am still a little worried if Seiji's has only directed FMA that he may not be able to deliever what he did with FMA in a Gundam series, as FMA are based on manga, which means, it has a clear vision, theme, character development, and story/setting backdrop and heck even keyframe layouts before the animation even start. Gundam is usually a challenge for anime creation team because the production is more adhoc especailly when the director doesn't have a fixed direction/vision for the series. . .
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote