View Single Post
Old 2013-03-30, 20:43   Link #243
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Seriously, Kaiju also love to stay in Australia or what ? Eureka Striker got 11 kill count! I just hope it won't be the target of the worf effect in the middle of the movie.
Well it's possible that Eureka Striker could get a heroic sacrifice/last stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
My guess is that it was created first so it had the most kill count so far?
Very unlikely. Not with the specs that Strike Eureaka has. It's the fastest of all the Jaegers, while still managing to be nearly as durable as the Cherno Alpha. For Strike Eureaka to match a purpose built bruiser like Cherno Alpha head on like that requires it to be a much more advanced design.

Strike Eureaka is likely a new, state of the art Jaeger. It's high kill count probably comes from other countries requesting its presence due to its high combat ability. If it gets treated as a vanguard unit, it'll probably have tons of opportunities to earn its kills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
The Japanese one also seems to have specs that hint at a possible mech upgrade in the middle of the movie
Doubtful. I think it's more likely that it's going to get completely totaled early in the movie. How else are they going to justify having a Japanese pilot in the American Jaeger unless Japanese Jaeger gets taken out?

Besides. I'm pretty sure Gypsy Danger is supposed to be the hero mech.

also, my hypothetical rank up of the Jaegers by generation.

Spoiler for hypothetical Jaeger genertaional development:

This would tie in with progressively improving Jaegers. Coyote Tango is probably the oldest model, and would probably be obsolete if not for the desperation of the situation. Given it's low kill count given its presumed age, it probably wasn't nearly as good at fighting Kaiju as the later models.

Jaegers like Gipsy danger were probably the start of Generation II, when they started to get the hang of building Jaegers down. It's pretty much a straight up improvement in every category to something like the Coyote Tango, though superior Jaegers were clearly made after Gipsy Danger. It fits in with development stuff that emphasized the protagonists doing battle in an older Jaeger model, as opposed to a state of the art one.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2013-03-30 at 21:24.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote