View Single Post
Old 2011-08-19, 18:01   Link #2281
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
It's not new, it happened in the chapter when Rito and Yui where taking shelter in the playground from the rain.
I know the flashbacks on page 16 aren't new, I was simply talking about the one with Yami, which I'm fairly sure didn't happen until this chapter seeing as how the two having heart-to-heart chats with each other began only recently.

Quote:
She's had more than enough interaction with him, as evidenced by all those instances that she recalled. Yui knows what Rito is truly like, unlike Haruna (who proves even further that she's dragging the series down, get a clue already).
It's probably just personal preferences then. I know that Rito/Yui isn't needed in order to have an enjoyable chapter, so maybe it was just Yui interacting with Haruna that came across as lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Chopping her out entirely would be a terrible idea both due to fan reaction (she has her fans, and unlike what this forum would generally tell you, she is by no means universally hated) and in-manga, because then they'd have to deal with Rito's love for Haruna, without Haruna. If he gets over her dissappearence too quickly, it comes off as a huge blunder.
Pretty much agree. It's just bad storytelling if she was abruptly dropped from the manga without any clear resolution to the whole love triangle/now a rectangle/heading swiftly into happy-happy, joy-joy polygamy story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Using a character's first reaction to groping as a method of measuring how much one person understands another might be the dumbest thing I've seen in a while.
Quoted simply for being LOL worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm not so sure about that. Yui's mom looked quite cute in that little flashback, and keep in mind that was after giving birth to two children. It's possible she was a major hottie back when she was Yui's age.
Oh no, I definitely agree that Yui likely gets her good looks from her mom. It's just that Yui's mom has a body type closer to Haruna's rather than her own daughter's.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote