View Single Post
Old 2012-04-04, 12:40   Link #37
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
Izanagi is a forbidden Jutsu of the Uchiha clan which allows the user to make himself invincible temporarily. Any damage done user is erased by the jutsu as if it never happened. This is achieved by the Sharingan casting a genjutsu on the caster itself
and bending the lines between reality and illusion. The tradeoff to this power is that once the jutsu wears off the Sharingan eye that activated it is closed forever.

Danzou took multiple eyes from dead Uchiha so he could perform Izanagi several times.

Since Izanami is a jutsu similar to Izanagi but it's own jutsu I don't think having Senju DNA is necessary for its use.

In Japanese Mythology Izanami is the wife and younger sister of the God Izanagi who died in child birth. Izanagi attempted to bring her back to life from the underworld.

Izanami is the Goddess of creation and death.

Itachi said that if Izanagi can change destiny then Izanami can decide it and that it was the ultimate eye jutsu that holds Kabuto's destiny. It can also effect an opponent without relying on attacking the senses so we know that Kabuto doesn't have to see the Sharingan to be effected by this technique.

I'm guessing that Izanami changes reality around the opponent in some way that will allow Itachi to immobilize Kabuto.

The next chapter ought to be very exciting.
This all fits pretty well with my guess as to the nature of Izanami. It is a fact, though, that even using Izanagi required the powers of both Senju and Uchiha - Tobi said it himself during his fight against Konan, chiding Danzou's version as incomplete due to him not being able to control Hashirama's power. This raises questions about the prerequisites for using Izanami in my opinion, since it looks to be the opposite side of the same coin.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote