View Single Post
Old 2013-04-03, 06:03   Link #1932
Kakkou
Tch.

So. Much. Black. Rukh. In. This. Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelolita_ View Post
I mean, his "powers are sealed" atm or something like that? But in the end he was able to use his powers anyways....ooookaayyyy
And are we going to see Zeper!Sinbad in second season? Since they changed the event with Kougyoku and her Djinn Equip....
The thing with Sinbad that the anime did was not that his powers were sealed, just that Yamraiha slowed down the curse with her seal, which can break if the person uses too much magoi, which basically meant Sinbad shouldn't use any magoi at all or else it'll break right away since he's so hax. Sinbad just went along since there was no real need for him to, plus he used it as an excuse to further motivate Anibaba (aka anime Alibaba) & co. to go to Zagan (in the anime anyway).

We'll still get to see Sin and Kougyoku doing that chapter in the anime, it's not hard to rewrite the situation to lead to it. The thing about the anime's ending is that it can still carry on with the manga plot with just a few rewrites to the dialogues (well there's already damage done in other ways but can't do anything about that).

I can sort of see what the anime staff were trying to do with this original story mix n' mashing. They wanted to end at this point of the manga on what they took to be a higher note than the manga with everyone getting a bit of the limelight and had they done it right it could have at least worked better. There's also time restraints so they have to rearrange events in order to get to that point.

The problem is that their approach resulted in the utter destruction of the Balbad arc's themes and lessons along with Alibaba's character, whom I will now on refer to as Anibaba. Had they chose a different route that did not involve creating Anibaba or destroying any other character, I would say they at least pulled off a pretty good job at wrapping up the first season despite the cuts and etc.

Well I'd still say the anime did a passable job at cleaning up it's mess to keep the damage contained to a certain amount. There's still one or two things that I'm having doubts about how it'll be addressed next season, like the fact Alibaba was implied to have seen the Alma Toran flashback but that's not for this thread.

Oh and there's another way to look at the anime's version of the Zagan arc from a manga reader's perspective: Alibaba was corrupted and replaced with a similar but different character, Anibaba, the moment he was bitten by the snake. After getting Solomon's Wisdom'd by Aladdin, Anibaba was banished (hopefully for good) and Alibaba returned. Even Mor said Anibaba was not like the Alibaba she knew after all! So the second season can progress with the real Alibaba seemingly back.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote