View Single Post
Old 2010-08-06, 21:51   Link #4279
Moogleking

Send a message via AIM to Moogleking
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
I guess it does seems so.

Well you mean, an explanation for Erika's actions that only relies on gameboard knowledge. There is an explanation, you gave it yourself, she did these things for meta-reasons. I fully agree with that.

Ah, for that I just think basically that there is a difference between acting for no reasons and acting for not a good reason. Erika acts for meta-reason, which on the gameboard is "not a good reason". As thus I think that a theory to explain arc 6 doesn't have to make much sense, especially concerning character's behaviors. Of course, if the theory pretends to actually make realistic sense, then no, it doesn't. Still I think it's not a bad thing to take the events of the arc and make as much sense out of them as possible. The moment you try to give a gameboard reason for Erika's behavior however, you lose. What I will not accept is a theory about arc 6 that makes less sense then what is presented to us (such as meta-tape, stackable rooms or Erika moron theories).
As soon as you think the game cannot be explained on realistic terms, I think you have failed and have been deceived by all of the magic.

Believing that Erika climbed around on the outside of the building and put duct tape everywhere makes significantly less sense than all of that being part of the meta-game. The reason those things are accepted as true in the meta-game is that something similar, but not quite happened in the real world, just like all of the other magic scenes we have seen so far.

Add on the fact that Battler has no reason to stay in the room he played dead in and you have a pretty good argument that he may have actually been trapped in the room.

If you attribute Erika's actions to another person or group of people, you can make plenty of sense out of them. Given, you have to separate out the parts that are specific to the meta-game and the parts that are in the real world.