View Single Post
Old 2010-09-20, 04:59   Link #4263
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

@SaintessHeart,

so if I understand correctly you just have to bear with this situation for another 10 month or so. What is most important now, is that you find a hobby or sport where you can unleash all the hatered/bad mood that builds up over the day/week. It is extremely important for your mental health. I strongly recommend it - I really mean it! As far as I understand you cannot change much about the current situation, you are somewhat trapped in these circumstances.
Your connection to your father seems pretty much in shambles (beyond fixing), but your mother... I know next to nothing about her, but I want to ask you something:

Try to think about this as unbiased as possible.

She seems to project a part of her hatred and uneasyness onto you. She might not do it willingly, but this situation could be too much for her. It could be, that you are like an emotional pressure-relief valve for her. Provided I am not too far off here... that will make an interaction between both of you increasingly unpersonal. Both of you will increase the distance of social bonding until only material matters and rudimentary interest is a defining factor of your social interaction.
If (and only if) what I was saying is the actual reality. Then, as a result, you both lack to see the potentialy better personality in each other. You think as much that you cannot trust her and that she is useless as she thinks you are useless and just like your father (essentially "betraying" her).
In that case both of you will distance each other more and more if the vicious circle isn't broken. This would require a lot of devotion from either your or her side to break through. But that begs the question, are you even able to feel anything positive for your mother anymore (just playing nice won't help). Now, if you could imagine there is another side in her that you can reach, try to go for it. That won't work without communication though. And most important both sides need to understand what hurts them, what makes you and her feel uneasy about each other. Then there is a need to find understanding of each others fears and an understanding of mutual emotional and everyday life's support.
But be warned such a debate can be incredibly emotion-laden and might not bring the expected results.

Disclaimer, I know nothing about your mother. My second part of the advice is based on pure speculation. I try to help with my best intention, but that won't work when my understanding of your situation is wrong.