View Single Post
Old 2012-06-25, 15:34   Link #74
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
Exactly. And of course Alto actually cared for Ranka, whereas Amata barely remembers Zessica's name..

Ok ._.
(lol I just think the blue eyes looked much more appealing whereas to me, the green-purple ones look weird)

I disagree. Edward is, if anything, even worse than Amata. He's obsessive, controlling, abusive, extremely creepy, constantly constipated, and has the personality of a stick. He's the kind of guy any sensible girl would get a restraining order for. And possibly go into witness protection.
Amata is just one-track minded, a bit clingy and a bit creepy. He never crossed the line, so at the very least he's a bit more desirable as a boyfriend.
Mikono probably isn't as dumb as Bella, and nowhere near as obsessed, clingy, dependent or nuts, but she's mirroring her uselessness and how bland she is as a person.

On a whole, Mikono and Amata only compare to Bella and Edward on the surface, as neither is as bad as the latter... but on said surface, it's a valid comparison
I couldn't read past chapter 2 because Bella was such an ungrateful unsufferable whiner, so I never really knew how behaved the vampire (I just know that Pattison looks good).

Terribly sexist romance in both case ?