View Single Post
Old 2011-12-16, 10:10   Link #35
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So, Mario turned out to be completely irrelevant, eh? I remember how excited we were back when he was introduced, boy we sure were trolled. It was obvious enough that Momoka was PoC, but her being BOTH penguin hats is just so... WTF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's different. There are things in Penguindrum that were never foreshadowed or hinted at. And sometimes Ikuhara even went out of his way to deceive the audience by throwing tons of misdirections.

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind twists, and some red herring/misdirection is ok. But when 80% of the "foreshadowing" is just misdirection you end up a bit worn out. I least that's what happened to me with this series. Over time I really lost the ability to care about the story because it's all over the place, and ultimately I lost the ability to care about the characters because there's never real consequences to what they do.
I feel exactly the same way you do. I used to absolutely love this series but by now I've almost stopped caring about it. The spark is gone. I feel like I'm watching a different show ever since episode 19 or so.

Thankfully, it's not all bad. There was so damn good scenes in there, like that Ringo x Shoma under the snow and Himari's farewell to Shoma.