View Single Post
Old 2012-02-20, 11:09   Link #66
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
That was the point, wasn't it? As stated by Senjougahara last episode, that style of resolution is strong against hypocrites but weak against evil. They weren't going to get Kaiki to change his mind, and he certainly wasn't going to change theirs. Clashes between ideals was impossible from the start. The important point was that Senjougahara faced her past, and wasn't moved by it nor changed by it. This reinforces her attachment to the present and gets Araragi and Senjougahara slightly closer. Which has really been the climax of every single arc so far (except Nadeko Snake, which was unusual in a number of ways).
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
keep in mind that Kaiki keeps on attacking Senjougahara's current self throughout the whole conversation, while praising Araragi at the same time.
That's the whole point which makes me feel the story is anticlimactic. The current Hitagi is way too strong to the point that anything Kaiki said can't moved her. She has no hesitation of whether to let go of her horrible past because she is now fully enjoy and cherish her present with her boyfriend more than anything. My idea is that she should display more conflict when being remind of what she experienced in the past or fearing that it will happen again in the future, e.g. getting separate from her boyfriend or something. That’s where Koyomi comes in to reassure her that he will always remain by her side no matter what happen. That could make it more dramatic end to this arc.
You know, if Kaiki isn’t such an a*shole conning people for money, he might be scoring his own harem from all the girls he saved instead of Koyomi. Now this leads me to an important question. Why shouldn’t Oshino gain his own harem? After all, he has been traveling around saving a lot of people from oddities. I’d say he would’ve made a more interesting harem lead than Koyomi.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote