View Single Post
Old 2012-12-09, 09:39   Link #2029
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
However, in the most important area - the Rikka/Yuuta dynamic - I think the anime handled the comedy to drama/romance transition as well as possible. It was honestly impressive. I can honestly say that, barring some last minute disaster, Rikka/Yuuta is one of the best anime romances of the year.
I agree with you that some of the transitions between comedy and drama seemed jarring, but they did very well getting the most important dynamic right. I always expected the show to be fun and gorgeous to watch, but I wasn't sure how much depth it'd have, and the writers really came through in my opinion. Rikka became much more than an eccentric moeblob, and Yuuta a frustrated straight man. I'm optimistic they will be able to give us a resolution of the show's fundamental conflict between reality and fantasy in the remaining two episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I can see your point here. Still, it makes me wonder "what's a mask, and what isn't?" when it comes to Nibutani.

But then, it's probably good to have fascinating, hard-to-figure-out characters.
The sweet persona she adopted was a mask, but like Hyper points out, being responsible is a real part of her. When she visits Rikka's family, she's flawlessly polite, and she even takes care of Dekomori. I think this trait is compatible with Chuunis, who after all have inflated views of their purpose in the world. Yuuta is also quite responsible and looks after his sisters, after all.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-12-09 at 10:02. Reason: Please edit your post and refrain from double posting...
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote