Thread: Licensed Kure-nai
View Single Post
Old 2008-04-08, 23:01   Link #119
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think the comparison between Ai Baby and Kurenai is likely to turn out to be pretty superficial (like the comparison with Seirei). That was super-cute, and had its serious moments, but this show seems a bit more serious at heart.

Murasaki is a lot less tsuntsun than I expected. She seems quick and adaptable, despite her severe upbringing.

I'd like to say how much I'm enjoying the side characters. I thought the father was brilliantly played, by Kuroda Takaya (Darcia in Wolf's Rain). And I loved both Benika (Ishige Sawa voiced Art in Moonphase, Haruna in Negima) and Yamie (the woman with the skull, Kimura Haruka, who has had only bit parts up to now).

I think most Japanese would be aware of the original Murasaki, the ten-year-old who was kidnapped by Prince Genji in the Tale of Genji (novel from about 1000 AD), who raised her and then made her his wife. If you haven't read the novel, you must. It was written by a court lady in Kyoto and is sometimes considered the first real novel in the history of the world. It's almost like Jane Austen, who wrote 800 years later.

I hasten to add that I don't see that happening here. If there's any love-interest, I expect it will be either Ginko or Yuuno.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-04-08 at 23:13.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote