View Single Post
Old 2010-04-13, 10:25   Link #1085
descent87

I love Tenshi as much as the next guy and agree she isn't a "villan" per se but I can't agree with a theory that says she and "God" are "right" in this situation.

As has been pointed out both from the show and the novel translations (no spoiler) this world once you become self aware of it is pretty terrible. Your stuck at some isolated boarding school, expected to obey arbitrary rules, have almost no self-determination in being a model student. If your gonna say healing of your soul takes place here, it can only take place by fighting yet another unbending establishment, not by giving in. Once you notice something is wrong with this place its rather likely you will "rebel" in some respect and after that moment giving in to the system wouldn't be enlightened it would just be submissive. I doubt they are willing to make a statement like the "creator is evil" or "the human spirit should be crushed". Tenshi might very well be benevolent (assuming afterlife setting which I don't yet believe the regen and binary is too much atm) but the way out of this is not through giving in or understanding her point of view, she might be helping them shape their own outlook instead.
descent87 is offline   Reply With Quote