View Single Post
Old 2012-06-06, 19:07   Link #86
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Both Saber's and Kiritsugu's wishes are pretty dangerous since one will erase over 1000 years of human history out of inability to get over your own fail and the other is a manchild's fantasy that can potentially destroy free will and humanity itself. Just as Kirei put it "any sensible adult" wouldn't do that. In the end, Caster team wishes were the more harmless looking despite all the appearances. While the 'protagonist' team has wishes that endanger the world, even if they look noble in theory.
I have to agree with you. While I certainly think that Kiritsugu's wish is well-intentioned, I don't know if he's really thought this through. The potential of his wish pretty much destroying human free will is very real.

Achieving world peace and a non-violent world through some combination of diplomacy and leading more people into freely choosing to adopt a more pacifistic philosophy would be one thing, but achieving that essentially through magic is another thing.

As vile a human being as Kirei obviously is, he's right on this particular point. Kiritsugu's desired wish is a real threat to free will, and possibly even our very sense of humanity itself.

If this Grail War was going on in the real world, I'd probably be rooting for Kariya/Berserker (if that's still an option; if not, I might have to pinch my nose really hard and root for Kirei of all people). As much as I like Saber and Waver/Rider, the desired wishes of Rider and Kiritsugu might be dangerous for us all.